Thursday, September 28, 2006

Here I go again

Okay friends, fans and minions, only half an hour and then I am jumping in a car and being brought to the airport. My chest feels as Ben's might have when the weight fell on him. I am realizing that while I thought I like to fly, what I like really, is to look back on my successful flight adventures with fondness. I am not SCARED of flying, oh no, just scared of crashing.
My packing adventures, too tedious to actually describe to you all, trust me, have killed my spirits completely. WHAT THE HELL!! So, the site where I bought my ticket says '10kg' carry on luggage, the airport site says '8kg' carry on luggage. I found this out 20 mins ago. Shoot me now. I have probably invested HOURS of my life weighing my damned luggage, and finally I found a combination of my possessions that I can NOT live without and it weighs just 4kg over the max, which means 32€. Crap. But whatever, as I said, I can't live without this stuff, so I guess it has to be worth it. AND NOW, I have to add another 16€ to that lovely mix. I am wearing a darling combination of:
two pairs of socks, shoes, jeans, a sun dress, a long skirt, two tank tops, a sweater, my earrings, two necklaces and my glasses (that make me look smart, but will hinder my *bashful eye-batting* "can't you just overlook those few extra kilograms Mr. Strong and Powerful Airport Luggage Checker?"). SO, I am carting around 4kg of extra clothes, hoping to God that I don't get attacked by dogs for smuggling a sundress through security.
20 mins now.
Dear oh dear. I really ought to be doing something productive, like bringing my luggage down, so I am gonna jet.
Remember that I love you all, and everyone take care!!

Viva la Jenni!!

1 comment:

Ben said...

I once had to wear a sun dress, a long skirt, two tank tops, a sweater. But for entirely different reasons.

That I don't feel comfortable talking about.


Ben