Monday, October 02, 2006

Spain and Gibraltar...

I am in Gibraltar right now. Weird place. Really weird. We walked from Spain to the UK last night...good times. We slept outside on the beach and it got sooo damned cold. We were snuggled up to each other wearing all the clothes we could possibly fit on ourselves and it was still FREEZING. We kept waking up and wanting to cry. It was terrible. One time it was not the cold, nor the bugs, nor the uncomfortable ground that woke us up but the cops. Ha ha, was weird, they just asked if we were sleeping. Which we clearly were by the dazed looks on our faces and the fact that we had to take off the fabric we wrapped over our faces to protect us from the bugs.
"Yes, we were sleeping" we reply.
"Have you girls seen anyone?" .... we were SLEEPING!!!
"No"
"Okay"
And they walk away. The people here all look at us as if we are morons for even being here. We are both sick right now with bad colds and exhausted from carrying our heavy backpacks for so long ALL OVER the place.

In Seville we had a good time though. Lots of drinking and laughing. Met a really cool sweet Irish guy named Brendan. He studied philosophy for 6 years and was SO DAMN funny, mostly we were laughing at his crazy drunken comments. So we all roamed around and then some weird and clingy guys from Argentina were trying to get us to go to all kinds of bars and dance clubs with us and calling us enchanting and it was so strange. Finally we got away from them and the three of us drank together until 7am.
I saw Flamenco. It was great. I loved it!! The women are so beautiful and strong. Of course I decided while I was watching it that I wanted to stay in Seville and learn Flamenco and live the rest of my life doing shows in nice old theatres...but that faded fast.

Well I am totally spaced from reality. Over tired, over heated, hungry and sick. I love you all, hope you are taking care of yourselves!!

Viva la Jenni

1 comment:

Ben said...

sleeping on a beach? eugh.
I can't stand the feeling of sand on my feet as I walk across it, let alone sleeping on it.

Yuck.

Your adventure is so colorful, jen! You're living the dream, lady! Keep on truckin'!

Ben