Wednesday, October 04, 2006

a new way of life

Hey loves,

Just trying to kill some time here. We are slooooowly trying to prepare ourselves to take the looong walk grab our bags from the train station and bring them back to the hotel (that we believe is run by gypsies). We are still sick, but on the mend. Currently in Granada. The city that smells like exhaust, and the streeets are so confusing!! I think we have been lost 4 times already and it is just getting to 24 hours that we have been here. Whatever, all adventures!!
A super sweet French waiter and his French flatmate took us in for the night. The roomie was out drinking, but the waiter and Gen and I all stayed in and chatted. It was cool. We made dinner and drank tea in a small Spanish apartment, a kilometer from British territory with a French man. Weird stuff. The roommate woke me up at 4am by putting a blanket over me and so we had a beer together. He was really interesting. He was an engineer in France and just quit his job and moved to Spain and works as a waiter at a really nice restaurant in Gibraltar. They told us to let them know when we were in the area again....haha...
Little do they know...we have an opportunity to go to Morraco with a man who is doing a documentary on traditional storytelling. We are looking into it further, but I think it would be a great experience!
Well, I love you all, but I am starving and I´m gonna go get some cervasas and tapas!!

Viva la Jenni

2 comments:

Ben said...

am I the only one who bothers to comment?

Keep on truckin!

Ben

Anonymous said...

Jenn? Are you alive? Are you in Africa yet?