Thursday, July 06, 2006

"I'll never eat pizza again, darn Italians!"

So we get to the airport yesterday and it turns out my flight has been delayed by an hour and a half! So, that would fine and I'd deal with it, but Sebastian has a exam at 9am and my flight would be getting in at 7:30am instead of 6am. So I try to call him from the airport but the cell phone won't let us call that far. So I try a pay phone....10$ for one minute...so instead I call my sister and she tries to call him. She can't reach him. So she starts an email account so she can email him. So I get on the plane, depressed cause Germany lost the game and I have no idea if Sebastian will be able to pick me up or not. I told Sara to tell him that I would call when I got in if I couldn't find him when I got there.
So, now the other obstacle...flying. I did love it, I won't lie...but I was fairly terrified the whole time. I wasn't freaking out or anything, but eachtime there was a bump I thought "Well, this is it, damn" fortunately the guy sitting next to me was really nice, a guy from Ottawa going to visit his daughter who had moved to Germany a few years ago. We talked and he explained some stuff that was happening, and even though I knew some stuff was going to happen, it was nice to hear someone saying "Oh, that is normal".
So, I got off the plane, got my passport stamped and found my luggage. Now I was remembering the dreaded customs...how to explain that I had no retrun flight, I had a contract to show that I would be working for a year and all that, but still, what if they didn't believe me. I walked up to the guy who was checking tickets and asking people questions and he just waved me past. Really, I didn't have to do or say anything. It was pretty awesome. But, no Sebastian. So I called him and we decided I would take the train to his city, get a cab and then get into his apartment. So I did! I didn't get lost! It was great!!
So I got to his place and he was in his exam so I had a nap and then when he got home we went for a walk to find me some shower stuff. We bought beer and went for a walk, it started to rain, so we went back to his place and drank some wine and started watching a movie, and talking. Then the sky cleared up and we decided to go for a walk again. That is when it starting storming. We made it under a little opening for a store and then thunder and lightning were crashing around us, water was pouring down the street and we just laughed. "Welcome to Germany".
We waited and then watched the soccer/football game and drank some more bought doner and went back to his place, started watching a movie and then fell asleep.
I woke up this morning and got breakfast in bed! He made fresh fruit and cheese on a plate. So sweet!!
Today his friend asked if we want to go to the The Netherlands for the afternoon. So we are getting on a train and going. Fun stuff.

Well, I won't describe every day with as much detail, just thought I would let you all know I am still alive.

No comments: